IsoPSA Test Better Than PSA Test at Detecting Prostate Cancer, Clinical Trial Shows

Cleveland Diagnostics‘ IsoPSA prostate cancer test is significantly better than a standard PSA test at identifying those with prostate cancer and those at risk of developing an aggressive form of the disease, according to the interim clinical trial results. The findings suggest that not only can IsoPSA do a better of identifying those who needed treatment, but

Knowledge is power when living with prostate cancer.

Get access to the web’s leading Prostate Cancer news & insights for as little as 16¢/day.
Subscribe or to access all post and page content.

10 comments

• Alice Melão says:

This test is not yet available, and is still undergoing clinical tests to confirm efficiency. I am afraid it will require some more time so you could be tested with it.

1. Ralph russo says:

had cryotherpy 4 years ago for a 7. psa and 2out of 12 cancer points biopsy – psa went down to .4 had at least 6 test and passed them all- psa started climbing – 3 months ago it was 33. and still passed ALL tests(mri-ct-biopsy- pet- nex-pet- etc second time around) 80 June 4th this year- ALL suggestions say NO chrmical-readiation-surgery as the side effects would be worse than the proceedures- I feel I shouldn’t rvrn of had the 1st surgery as I was over 75 and the side effects of exhaustion-etc. still occoring– any comments?? if not please take me OFF your e/mail as what good are you???

• Alice Melão says:

I’m very sorry to hear about your condition.
      Our team is not composed by medical doctors or oncologists, and our primary aim is to provide recent information on the developments made by science to improve therapies and understand cancer mechanisms. I am afraid we can not help you with further information than that.
      PSA has indeed been shown not to be a very reliable biomarker, but so far is the best available. Any treatment related decision made by you and your healthcare team should have that in consideration, but also possible long-term benefits for you. The best way to address this matter is to communicate your concerns to your oncologist in order to find the best strategy possible.

2. ralph russo says:

DR. a yeara go when asked whats what- he said LOOK IT UP _ YOU WORK AT A LIBRARY I did look it up-4 yars ago at age 76 had cryotherpy surgery for 2 points out of12 for cancer=ALL write ups(American Cancer Society,_Meyo Clinic, Cleveland -etc) said if over 75(I’m 80)Surgery-chemo-Radiation-etc-after effects would NOT contribute to a Better Life. Don’t I know it- still up / down exhaustion-elation – Dr. Doest even care- though first 3 years he did.

• Alice Melão says:

I can’t even imagine your pain and frustration throughout all this process. But in my humble opinion, if you feel you can’t talk with our doctor or have the support you expect from him or your health care team, try to find a second opinion from another specialist. It is important to have an honest and real relationship with you oncologist, and they should care about their patients.

3. ralph russo says:

must say – the young (?) men that answeres the American Cancer Society line , ARE very informative AND sends/sent a few good information booklets by the A-C-S

4. Bill M says:

Please update me as to when and where I can be tested with the ISO PSA test.
    I’ve up and then down PSA test results
    I do no want to undergo biopsy
    I just turned 70 in June
    Please advise

5. Douglas Reifschneider says:

1st psa 6.8.. 2nd one 1 month later was 5.8 urologist said prostate felt normal. Does this warrant a biopsy? Not sure I want to go thru a possible unnecessary procedure.. scheduled for Oct 27th